Thursday, October 23, 2008

Databloem arrives at Smallfish

You know, it always depresses me a little when you realise that you should have stocked something ages ago but didn't. And a prime example of that is Databloem.

Thanks to a really cool phone call last week from Dennis I now have a superb selection of Databloem releases for sale at Smallfish and, let me tell you, they really are just wonderful.

When you find something to love as much as this it's a special day indeed and I've joyously listened through all 10 releases and clicked with every single one of them. Yes, that's right, literally every single one!

However, that leaves me with a bit of a dilemma because if I rant on about how amazing these albums are it might seem like over-the-top hyperbole. That's always a diffculty at times like these.

But, let me say this... today I bought every single one of them. Yup, the whole lot. And I really don't have any money at all at the moment (thanks to running Smallfish and, of course, buying *ahem* yo-yos) but they're simply that good that to not have them in my collection would be criminal.

It's almost as if they were made for me. I think I said that in one of the reviews actually, but it's completely true. There's a sense that the music is directed at me, produced solely for my listening pleasure. It feels personal is what I'm trying to say.

Regardless of the reviews and the fact that I genuinely love the albums, I'd urge you to at least check for yourself and see if you're feeling them the way I am. Which is a *lot*.

Peace.

Mike.

No comments: